Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Dryer Sheets

I only use my dryer when its raining or too cold to hang laundry outside, so these DIY dryer sheets will probably last me for a LONG time!

What you need:
1/4 C fabric softener
3/4 C hot tap water
a few drops of bleach (to hinder growth of mold)
an old receiving blanket or other flannel fabric cut into squares
an old baby wipes or other air tight container

Cut blanket into dryer sheet sized squares, mine made 12 pieces. Mix fabric softener, hot water, and few drops of bleach. Pour mixture over fabric in the container, make sure they all get good and wet. And done!

When you need one, just squeeze it out a little bit and toss in with the wet clothes.  Then put it back in the container to get wet again and reuse as needed.  I'm finding that the mixture is lasting much longer than I thought.

They really do work as well as regular dryer sheets.  Really!

The Cost:
37 cents per "batch" of 48 sheets
Bounce dryer sheets = $6.84/ 160 count

What I purchased:
56 oz bottle Suavatel fabric softener = $2.97

No comments: