Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frugal Febreze

As with any home remedy, at first I had my doubts as to the effectiveness of this homemade Febr3ze.  But making it was so inexpensive, I decided I didn't have anything to lose by trying.  I'm so glad I did!  Because it works just as well {if not better} than the store bought type, and is about $3.00 less per bottle.

What you need: 
1/8 C (1 ounce) liquid fabric softener {any brand}
1 T baking soda
2-3 drops of essential oil (optional)
hot tap water
an empty spray bottle

Pour fabric softener, baking soda, and oil into the bottle, fill it (almost) the rest of the way up with hot tap water.  Give it a good shake and spritz away.

The first time I made this I sprayed every fabric surface of my home! That may have been overkill.

The cost:
about 19 cents per bottle to make
Febreze = $3.32 per bottle to buy

What I purchased:
56 oz bottle Suavatel fabric softener = $2.97
4 lb. box Arm&Hammer baking soda = $2.12 (I buy big boxes because I use it like crazy!)


No comments: