Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Italian Chicken + Veggies

This is a yummy recipe I got from a friend and tried last week. It's picky-eater pleasing and I plan to make it frequently now that I know how easy, fast, and delicious it is! The boys scarfed it up!

(The photo shown here isn't mine. I made a few changes to the original version.)

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 16 oz package of frozen green beans
  • 4 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
  • 1 stick of butter, cut into pats
  • 1 package of Italian dressing mix (I used the Aldi brand)
I also added
  • 4 carrots, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
  • 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, kept whole
* You could substitute any veggies you have. I'm going to try zucchini and yellow squash next.

In a 9x13 baking dish (or larger if you have it) lay out chicken breasts in the middle, then potatoes on one side, and beans on the other. Lay the pats of butter on top of everything. Then sprinkle Italian dressing powder over the whole thing.
Bake @350 uncovered for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.

I added the asparagus about 20 minutes before the end because I know they cook fast. If I were using zucchini or yellow squash, I'd put them in 30 minutes before the end because you don't want them overcooked. Seriously, this is one of the easiest meals to prepare! It took me less than 10 minutes to get it in the oven. And cleanup was a snap!

No comments: